Last week, my friend Emily generously gifted me 3 gorgeous Meyer lemons from her CSA box. I was looking to procrastinate so I baked this cake.
- 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 Tbsp grated lemon zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup Meyer lemon juice (or any citrus; if using orange or grapefruit, also add 1 Tbsp vinegar)
- Preheat oven to 350℉
- Grease and flour an 8- or 9-in square or round cake pan.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Make two holes in the dry ingredients. Add vanilla to one and the oil to the other.
- Pour lemon juice all over everything.
- Mix quickly with a fork until there are no clumps.
- Pour into the cake pan.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes.
- Cool in the pan.